Tuesday, February 6, 2007

It's not you, it's me.

So....How you doing?

What did you do today?

....yeah, me too.

Well, hey, I just wanted to let you know that, well...I've been getting really busy and, well, I need to focus on some different things.

No, no, it's not you. I just, have been trying to apply for a second major, and some other things have come up, and maybe it would be better if we would just be friends.

It seems like you are just so complicated all the time. I can't understand you. You require too much of me and my time.

Plus, well: I've found someone else...yeah, I know. Online.

Well hey, I'm sorry, but I have to go. Sabrina's on. I know, I shouldn't watch that show, but it just comes on at the right time.....and Melissa Joan Hart is such a good actress.

Ha.

************************************************************************************

Ok, so here's the deal. I'm switching topics. Child psychology is very interesting, but not for me. For fear of coming off creepy in writing about child sexuality, I am going to bail before I get too in over my head-- for all of our sakes.

Something else that interests me is the wide world of Online Dating-- not Facebook or MySpace dating, but eHarmony and Match.com dating.

I was first interested in this topic when my older brother, a graduate of Economics, and a literal web-developer, worked for Match.com. I know, pretty cool. Or, again, creepy. It's okay, I've heard it all before. Anyways, by talking with him about several additions to the online-dating world, I've become interested in it. Not that I want to date online, but instead, the idea of online dating is genius. Not only the fact of dating through the internet, but also the promotion and capitalism that feeds off of the ever-growing industry.

No comments: