Thursday, February 14, 2008

I'll take a Thursday, please.






Sitting on a wooden bench, looking through Thunderbird windows, I realize how much I adore Thursdays. 

I've almost finished 2/3 of my Soy Vanilla Chai, my personal drink of choice since JoJo let me try hers during finals last year. They don't even ask what I want here anymore, they just say, "that'll be $3.13, please." and begin to make my drink. That may be part of the reason I love Thursdays. Not that I predict my friends here will make my drink every time, but it's always a pleasant surprise.

Every aspect of my Thursdays is great. No school. I get up around 9 am, read the paper, actually make my breakfast, watch a little Ellen, and then the rest of my day is determined by chance. Today, I've chosen the celebratory studying route. And, by celebratory, I mean, I haven't studied much at all since January 15th, and I'm celebrating my return to commitment.

Last week, I received a phone call on Thursday, saying "Sarah. It's a beautiful day. Let's take pictures of it." And, off we went -- skipping classes and group meetings in search of the sunset. Not to be cheesy in saying that, but we actually found what we were looking for. 

It is Valentine's Day today, though. So, hopefully, I will be placing a picture close to this one, but with better looking people in it next Thursday. Actually, I know I will. I have to. I commit here and now that every Thursday will be worth documenting. 

2 comments:

Sara Triana said...

Wow! I can't wait to consume every last one of your Thursday posts! Happy Valentines Day.

Israel "Izzy" Macias said...

No class on Thursdays? But on Tuesdays you have...? How's that work?